Denver Focus Vlogs From Zennie62 On YouTube

Peel-A-Pound Soup Recipe Made With My Mom

Peel-A-Pound Soup Recipe Made With My Mom - Video

Peel-A-Pound Soup Recipe Made With My Mom I discovered the age-old Peel-A-Pound Soup Recipe serendipitously. The gift was in the form of a YouTube video by T-ROY COOKS called “How To Lose 15 pounds in 7 days with Peel-a-Pound Soup”. Since both my Mom, whom I am visiting and helping here in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, and I have both been trying to lose weight, and also keep our blood pressure under control, as well as enjoy a great meal in the process, this was the best idea. We didn’t use T-ROY COOKS recipe verbatim. We wound up using the one from The Farmers Almanac, with a few variations. This is the recipe: INGREDIENTS 1/2 to 1 pound green cabbage, cut in bite-size pieces 1 green bell pepper, chopped 2 celery stalks, chopped 2 medium-size onions, chopped 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes, with liquid, chopped 3 bouillon cubes 1 teaspoon celery seeds 1 teaspoon dried basil 2 teaspoons dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 2 or more quarts water salt and pepper to taste 2 cups diced cooked turkey or beef INSTRUCTIONS Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan or stockpot, adding enough water to completely cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour. Serve hot. Well, we added turkey legs and two teaspoons of turmeric. The end result is one of the best meals I have ever had, ever. That on top of names for it like “Wonder Soup” and claims of weight loss of 10 pounds to 15 pounds a week, and making it with my Mom, add up to a great experience. Cooking together brings a family together. Come to think of it, for those single like myself, this could be a great thing to do on a second date - not sure about a first one. I will update you on the weight loss reports. Stay tuned.
via IFTTT
https://youtu.be/mm0aDrN2mec
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :


Popular Posts