Denver Focus Vlogs From Zennie62 On YouTube

Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas

Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas - Video

Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas For reasons that really cone down to baser racism, there are some small sad folks in Oakland who got triggered when i made a blog post announcing that the Alley Cat Bar on 3325 Grand Avenue, was reopening. The reasons given boil down to masked racism for me, because of a silly claim of “accuracy” and because i refer to The Alley Cat bar as just that. I have also called it The Alley. The whole deal is silly but again that’s racism for you. The idea that I, because I am a black guy, don’t have true knowledge about The Alley. That’s expressed by the act of tagging me and making up a silly issue of the name I used, and a small set of people, all white save for one, and none black. It continues a habit borne of white media which would come in to write something about The Alley, and ignore talking to me as a regular, and zero in on white regulars, only. This has gone on for years. The only more recent coverage of The Alley that showed its true diversity was in SFGate.com last December. But, overall, that racism is one reason I started my own media company, Zennie62Media, Inc. Anyway, then came the communication which implies that I have no personal ties to The Alley. All of this is on Facebook, which has become a cesspool for mindless rants and racist exchanges. But I digress. So, I elected to make this vlog that shows Jackie Simpkins, who owns The Alley, and I, have been great long time friends. Here, we were in Las Vegas having dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe in The Venetian Hotel, January 13, 2018. I have had my 40th and 50th birthdays at The Alley. And, as Jackie says “some call it The Alley, I call it The Alley, others call it The Alley Cat, but why is this an issue?” For me, its a matter of search engine optimization, cultural habit, and that damn cat in the original logo. Stay tuned.
via IFTTT
https://youtu.be/NY9xeDRZG28
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :


Popular Posts