Denver Focus Vlogs From Zennie62 On YouTube

Google Is Perpetuating Racist Stereotypes About Oakland In Its Search Results Pages

Google Is Perpetuating Racist Stereotypes About Oakland In Its Search Results Pages - Video

If I happen to type Oakland News Now on Google, a list of questions on the first page of results ask questions that are racist: Is Oakland predominantly black? Is Oakland safe now? What percentage of Oakland California is black? Is Oakland safer than San Francisco And if I type just plain Oakland as a search term, I get Is Oakland a dangerous city? Is it safe to go to Oakland? What is Oakland known for? How bad is crime in Oakland? On the whole, I have to ask who is asking these questions? Is Google representing what from my experience has been the view of a healthy number of white folks who live in San Francisco? Whatever the reason - I don’t care - this must stop. Google should not be developing cyber institutional racism but that is what it is doing. Stop. Stay tuned.
via IFTTT
https://youtu.be/8KpguxXJawk
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :


Popular Posts