Denver Focus Vlogs From Zennie62 On YouTube

Nikki Fortunado Bas, Oakland City Council President, 1st Vlog Of 2021

Nikki Fortunado Bas, Oakland City Council President, 1st Vlog Of 2021 - Video

Nikki Fortunado Bas, Oakland City Council President, 1st Vlog Of 2021 Nikki Fortunado Bas, Oakland City Councilmember for District 2, was elected President of The Oakland City Council by her colleagues. To mark the occasion, and a new communications effort, Councilmember Bas started a video-blog series on Instagram, but not on YouTube. Because Instagram is not specifically designed so that its videos are widely seen in as news content, I elected to put her video-blog in my YouTube channel video, where it is news because Zennie62 YouTube is also recognized on Google News, and other news aggregators, as is Oakland News Now. But I digress. Here's Council President Bas: Dear Oakland District 2 Resident: I’m grateful to share that last week I was elected by my colleagues to serve as Council President. I’m excited to better serve Oakland in this role, in partnership with the Council, Mayor, and City Administration. Our residents, workers, and small businesses need us now more than ever to work boldly together to create a safer, healthier, more inclusive and vibrant city. I remain committed to representing District 2 and working on our neighborhood priorities, and I look forward to taking on new responsibilities of Council President, including: Leading the Council to achieve a city budget that reflects our values, prioritizing the most vulnerable workers and residents of Oakland, Chairing Council meetings and working with other city branches to make our government as effective and united as possible, and Appointing Councilmembers to our committees as well as external boards. I will work towards the progressive priorities Oaklanders voted for: housing as a human right, safety focused on prevention and healing, prioritizing violent crime, and inviting large corporations to pay their fair share and invest in a just economic recovery for our city. I also want to acknowledge the important national events of this week. I woke up Wednesday, thrilled about the Georgia Senate elections and thankful to Stacy Abrams, Black women and organizers who made history for our democracy. Then, like you, I was shocked by the attack on our nation’s Capitol by white supremacists incited by Trump. We must take action to eliminate white supremacy from our institutions and restore true democracy. I will do this work here in Oakland, alongside you. In this newsletter, you’ll find information about: Important items for Tuesday’s Council meeting New #RoseBudThorn video updates I’ve launched on social media! City and district news and resources Tuesday 1/12: Council Meeting Preview Progressive Corporate Tax, Alternative Shelter for Homelessness, Justice for Oscar Grant, & more This coming Tuesday, January 12th’s 1pm Special Council meeting will include the following important agenda items: Item 2.11: I’m introducing a resolution with Councilmember Thao to create a Blue Ribbon Task Force for the Progressive, Modern and Equitable Business Tax Ordinance approved by Council on July 14, 2020 for placement on the November 8, 2022 ballot. By inviting the largest corporations in Oakland to invest in our general purpose fund, we can grow our revenue and ensure a Just and Fair Recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic; Item 2.12: I’m joining Councilmembers Taylor, Reid, and Fife in a resolution urging Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley to charge former BART police officer Anthony Pirone in the killing of Oscar Grant; Item 2.8: I’m joining Vice Mayor Kaplan, Councilmembers Taylor and Fife in a resolution urging the national park service to initiate an exploratory survey to analyze the appropriateness of a national park or monument dedicated to the Black Panther Party in the Bay Area; Item 8: I’m partnering with Vice Mayor Kaplan in amending a resolution requesting the City Administrator to follow the Center For Disease Control (CDC) Interim Guidelines On Homelessness and COVID-19 to only clear encampments if individual housing units or alternative shelter is provided, amending the resolution to prohibit congregate shelters as offers of alternative shelter during COVID. See details to join the meeting and provide public comment. Nikki's 🌹Rose 🌻 Bud 🥀 Thorn New Video Updates to Inform + Call to Action! I'm excited to have launched a regular video series on my social media to better engage and inform you of what our office is working on and how you can support! I'll share updates using a #RoseBudThorn format -- a rose is something positive, inspiring, and that brings me joy; a bud is something I'm looking forward to that I hope you'll consider supporting; and a thorn brings challenges and opportunities that I know we can overcome in community. Please check out my first update, in which my cat and co-star Ace joined me to talk about our joy, excitement, and upcoming challenges. With Oakland Love, Nikki Fortunato Bas Councilmember, City of Oakland, District 2
via IFTTT
https://youtu.be/DQURV62ajVA
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :


Popular Posts